+49 30 838 53555
The present thesis deals mainly with the development of the individual clinics and institutes of the veterinary faculty of the Freie University in Düppel from 1950 to 1990, as well as with the description of its foundation. Personnel and architectural changes are described in detail. But it comments especially on progress and achievements in the research and explains the facts in detail if necessary for the context. Hochschulfilmreferat and Lehrschmiede, institutes which are also deeply rooted in Düppel are presented. A summary about the previous history of Düppel and the developments of the veterinarian medicine in Europe is added. The architectural change of the whole ground between 1930 and 1990 is discussed through chronologically staggered site plans. The architectural history of the historical buildings Herrenhaus and Brennerei is reconstructed.