Tel.+49 30 838 53555 Fax.+49 30 838-53480
Funded by the German Government the Berlin-Brandenburg Research Platform BB3R with integrated graduate education has started in April 2014. Joint research of scientists from FU Berlin, Potsdam University, Charité Berlin, TU Berlin, BfR, and Zuse-Institute Berlin focuses on gaining substantial progress in the fields of alternative and humane testing and in strengthening the national 3R expertise. BB3R aims to accomplish the following goals:
– Establishment of alternative methods for preclinical drug development and basic research facilitation of research collaborations and sustainable research activities in the region
Berlin-Brandenburg. In addition, cooperation with national and international partners is built.
– For the expansion of regional research activities three junior research groups are established, successful candidates will be qualified for management positions in professional areas related to the 3Rs
– Sustainable establishment of the BB3R graduate school for structured training of graduate students who complete a specific mandatory course program on alternative test methods to animal experimentation and related fields in addition to the research project
– Creation of a pool of 3R experts for advice and assistance
– Increasing the awareness of the society for 3R-related issues
– The research platform BB3R along with the associated graduate school will close substantial knowledge gaps in the fields of 3Rs and alternatives to animal experimentation in the years to come.